๐Ÿ’–ย ย | Not so good.

๐Ÿ’–ย ๐Ÿ’–ย ย | Alright but boring.

๐Ÿ’–ย ๐Ÿ’–ย ๐Ÿ’–ย ย | Good.

ย ๐Ÿ’–ย ๐Ÿ’–ย ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–ย  | Very good, almost perfect.

๐Ÿ’–ย ๐Ÿ’–ย ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–ย  |ย  Perfect, would recommend!

February

Related image

Magnus chase: The sword of summer

๐Ÿ’–ย ๐Ÿ’–ย ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’– 512/512pg

This book was written by one of my favorite authors, Rick Riordan who was the author to my favorite ever book series; Percy Jackson. I started reading because I loved ‘Percy Jackson’ so much. These days I don’t read often because of the lack of time and also because these days I have a very hard time finding books that interest me. I absolutely hate reading something that does not interest me and I find myself extremely bored but I am trying to find the inner me who actually liked reading to manifest again.

This novel is based off of Norse mythology, set in a fantasy world similar to Percy Jackson and it is the first of its series. The main character Magnus chase is one day tracked down by a dangerous man and somehow he ends up dead which is actually where the story begins; in Valhalla, the Norse afterlife. Progressing through the novel, Magnus finds out that he is the son of a god and that the fate of the world lies in his next few decisions.

March

Image result for hunger games first book

The Hunger Games

๐Ÿ’–ย ๐Ÿ’–ย ๐Ÿ’– 374/374

This book was pretty good. I loved the genre and the apocalyptic setting of this book. To me books of a fiction, fantasy and adventure genre are the most interesting. The plot of this book revolves around “the hunger games”. The hunger games is a traditional event in which a couple of people, chosen by chance, have to participate. The goal is to survive and ,essentially, murder everyone until you are the last person alive. The main character Katniss Everdeen’s sister is picked to be one of the ‘tributes’ in the game. Katniss decides to take the place of her sister in the games because she does not want her sister to participate. The story, later on, unravels with Katniss finding out of the corruption of which the game is based on and eventually she rebels against the government system that enforces the game.

April

The Fourteenth Goldfish

The Fourteenth Goldfish

๐Ÿ’–ย ๐Ÿ’–ย ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’– 208/208

This book was a good read and I finished it in about 2 weeks. This month I read about 16 pages a day which I think is decent but I can definitely do better and this is something I will continue to work on.ย  The genre of this book was science fiction which is always interesting. It centers around the idea of immortality which is something I found intriguing as i’m someone who likes philosophy. The book goes on to deliver the message that we only live one life and that is enough for us if we live it right, and personally I think that is very true and I found this idea and how the book explored it to be beautiful.

Summary:

An eleven-year-old girl named Ellie has to suddenly face change in her life which is something she is not fond of. She misses her old life and how things used to be, she also misses her goldfish who sadly passed away. One day a strange boy shows up and enters her life, she begins to notice that this boy, weirdly enough, resembles her grandfather. Later on, she learns that her grandfather who was obsessed with immortality found the secret to being alive forever. As the novel progresses Ellie and her grandfather have to make certain decisions as to what to do with the newly discovered secret of immortality.