February

Feb playlist:

• Fate – Swae lee, young thug
  • Kill em with success – scHoolboy, 2 chainZ
  • Classified – 10 years
  • Middle Child – J cole
  • 315 – Bazzi

“My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die.” – Bob Marley

Listed above are some of the songs I have listened to on repeat this February and they have been a source of motivation as music is something that inspires me.

Related image

March

Related image

This movie came out last year but I recently watched it and I actually watched it pretty late, but that’s not relevant. This movie was very good and the animation style was phenomenal. It may seem foolish but I found the plot, the setting and the characters in the movie inspiring. The main character, Miles, gets bitten by a spider and realizes he is one of the ‘spider people’. At first Miles is awfully confused by the entire situation, he finds out he has to save the world. Miles doesn’t believe in what he can do which stops him from being able to use his powers to the best of their abilities. I was going through a rough time, and I too felt like Miles. I felt like I couldn’t do anything and my self confidence was so low, Satan used it to lingo down in hell.

Miles asks the original spider man, “how will I know, I’m spider man!?”

“Its a leap of faith miles, that’s all it is.” replies spider man.

I found that we can really be anything that we believe ourselves to be, so we should believe ourselves to be good and we should believe ourselves to be best that we can be, because we deserve that.

Related image

April

April playlist:

• Channa mereya- Karan Johar
  • Talk – Khalid
  • Eastside- Khalid, Benny Blanco

This month nothing very inspiring happened sadly. This month; however, was very ‘sentimental’ for me. As a teenager the idea of love is something we often collectively struggle with and we listen to music that almost makes us feel the many emotions love bestows upon us and so I listened to many songs that preach of love.

Image result for heartbreak songs art

Ramadan

Something else that made me extremely happy this month was knowing that next month would be Ramadan. Ramadan is a sacred month for Muslims in which we have to fast for the entirety of the month. Non-Muslims might think that it is stupid to be excited to starve yourself for a month. But honestly it is not about the fast only, there is something about Ramadan that makes the soul liven with joy and something that brings so much peace to our hearts. In Ramadan we come together and we are commanded to be kind and to let go of hate and to do this patches up the many holes in our hearts this world has tore open.

Related image

Image result for ramadan